Karl Pilkington just may be one of the funniest and most real human beings I have ever listened too. Karl got his claim to fame from his good pal, Ricky Gervais, who thought it would be funny to send Karl around the world and make Karl get out of his comfort zone. The show Ricky Gervais put on starring Karl is called “An Idiot Abroad” and can currently be streamed on Netflix. If you have not watched this show before, just stop what you are doing right now and watch it, it will seriously be worth it.
So why am I telling you all of this? Well, After Ricky Gervais sent Karl around the world three separate times, Karl decided to do some travelling of his own and starred in his own show called “The Moaning of Life.” Starting next week, on October 13th, the second season of “The Moaning of Life” will be airing on Sky 1, and I am so excited to watch more Karl Pilkington. Although I do not get the channel Sky 1, I am hoping it will be available to download at some point shortly after it airs.
I figure if Karl Pilkington can take on the world, with the little knowledge he had going to different countries, I can as well. He goes into everything with no real expectations, and it’s just funny to see his reactions to situations and what he has to say about them. Below is a list of my 5 favorite quotes from Karl:
- “There’s a woman over there just tucking in on… just scorpions. I don’t know where it stops. Where’s the line between food and insect? She gets up in the morning, there’s a spider in the bath, what does she do? ‘Oh, good, I’ll leave the croissant for tomorrow, I’ll eat that now.’”
- When asked what he would want his super power to be: “I came up with one, I’d be Bullshit Man. There’s so many meetings going on where you know people are bullshitting. I’d just like to walk in, I wouldn’t need a special costume, just dress like this, and I’d fly in. I’d go ‘Bullshit! You’re talking bullshit!’ And then they’d go ‘It’s Bullshit Man,’ and I’d go ‘yeah, it is Bullshit Man. You’re talking bullshit!’”
- “It’s not a great wall. It’s an alright wall. It’s the alright Wall of China.”
- “I don’t wanna be someone else – I’ve been me 39 years. What’s the point having a night off from me? I’m quite happy being me.”
- “You only need seven mates in life. Snow White with her midgets had it sorted in one go.”
But seriously, if you have never watched any of Karl Pilkington’s show’s before you totally should as soon as you can. The way he views every day life and explains it is so bizarre, but makes complete sense. I can’t wait to see what sort of traveling he does in the upcoming season of “The Moaning of Life,” I just know that it’s gonna be great.