New England Nomad graciously nominated me for the Liebster Award a couple weeks ago! So thank you so much for your nomination! Anyone that is ever looking for something to do in the New England area should definitely check out his blog! He gave me ten questions to answer about myself, as well as nominate several bloggers, and I have finally had a chance to do so today! Here goes!
QUESTIONS BY NEW ENGLAND NOMAD:
- How did you get into blogging or photography? I decided to start a blog because I wanted to be able to document photos and activities I plan to do on an upcoming round the world trip. Even though I don’t start this trip until next May, I wanted to get a blog up and running before then so I could get used to writing, since writing is something I’ve never really pursued as a hobby. I’ve always liked taking photos, although I would not call myself a photographer what so ever. When I was in high school I used to take a lot of the photographs for our schools newspaper, which is kind of where I started getting into photography a little more. I’ve never owned a DSLR camera, so I don’t know any proper techniques really. The majority of the photos on my blog have been taken with my Samsung Galaxy s5.
- Who is your favorite writer, blogger or photographer? My favorite writer for books has to be J.K. Rowling, because Harry Potter is seriously the greatest book series ever written. I don’t know if I really have a favorite blogger or photographer yet.
- What is your passion? I guess I would have to say I have a passion for travel. Even though I am not a super experienced traveler yet, traveling is something I have always wanted to do. I just love adventuring in places I’ve never been before, and just taking in all the sites around me. One of my favorite things to do in places I’ve never been before is to just walk around and see what is going on to get a feel of what the area is all about.
- What is/are your goal(s) in life? My main goal in life is to eventually find a job I absolutely love, one where I feel like I am helping to make a difference in the world.
- What is the funniest/most embarrassing thing you have done that you are willing to share? That’s a hard one! I feel like I don’t have all that many funny/embarrassing things that I’ve really done before that are even worth sharing! I know, what kind of shell do I live in?
- Who or what inspires you? I would have to say my dad, because he is so giving. I think certain life events have shaped him to be the way he is, and if I could end up anything like him I would be extremely happy.
- Where is your favorite getaway destination? As of right now, my favorite getaway destination is Cape Cod in Massachusetts. I am in love with the beaches there and all of the different conservation areas you can hike through. I’m sure this destination will probably change over the next year, but Cape Cod will always hold a special place in my heart.
- How do you get ideas for your blogs or photo shoots? My ideas for my blog posts come from experiences that I’ve had, and are mostly travel related. Sometimes I’ll throw in a random review of something I like, like my favorite singer coming out with her new EP, or a post similar to that. But for the most part I try to post about things I’ve done, or places I plan on going to, and what my preparations are before traveling.
- What is the most challenging obstacle you have had to overcome, that you are willing to share? The most challenging obstacle that I have overcome I would have to say is probably dealing with a family medical issue last year. My family has always been the type to be sort of secretive I guess, and we tend to keep information quiet, so most of the time people don’t even know something happened until way after the fact. I know a lot of you are probably wondering what sort of situation this could be, and I do plan to go into detail on how I went through this obstacle in it’s own special post in December.
- What is your favorite downtime activity? I have several favorite downtime activities. I love taking my dog, Shadi, out for walks whenever I can, going on runs, and reading.
Ok so now that I’ve gotten through the hard part, here are the rules, nominations and nominee questions!
- Make a post thanking and linking the person who nominated you.
2. Include the Liebster Award sticker in the post.
3. Nominate 5-10 other bloggers and notify them of this in one of their posts.
4. All nominated bloggers are to have less than 200 followers.
5. Answer the 10 questions posed by your nominator, create 10 questions for your nominees to answer. (Or, you can repeat the same questions.)
6. Copy these rules into your post.
- Student in Snowdonia – I love looking through all the photographs Callum posts during his travels while studying at the University of Bangor in North Wales!
- Disney on my Mind – I recently came across this blog and absolutely love it! It’s about a girl named Mary Cate who LOVES Disney, and has all sorts of posts on Walt Disney World, runDisney events, and more. Disney is one of my favorite things in the world as well, so I love reading through her posts to get more ideas on what I can do whenever I go on my next Disney vacation!
- PR and PRs – Being a runner myself, I love reading about Meg’s running travels and what she finds useful for running accessories, and anything else running related!
- High Heels and a Laptop – High Heels and a Laptop is about a girl, at the verge of turning 30, sold her house in order to follow her heart and travel the world. I love seeing all her updates on where she’s been and where she is traveling to next!
- buuckphotography – The photographs Micheal Buuke posts are absolutely break taking. One of his specialties is travel/adventure photography and the way he captures a scene, you can just see a story.
- Just Our Passports – This couple, Lucy and Marty, decided to pursue a life of travel instead of the typical American life. I love reading about their past and current adventures!
- How did you get into blogging or photography?
- Where would you most like to travel to and why?
- What is your favorite book?
- When you travel to a place you have never been before, what is the first thing you like to do?
- How do you get ideas for your blogs or photo shoots?
- How many countries have to been to?
- What aspect of blogging do you love the most?
- Where is you next travel destination to?
- What is your favorite downtime activity?
- What is/are your goal(s) in life?
I hope you all enjoy these questions and that this award helps all of you gather more followers!