Tomorrow night I will be flying down to see the Capital of the United States for the first time. My friend Shannon and I planned this trip back in December, and have been waiting ever since. Her boyfriend Luke, and my boyfriend, Ryan, will also be joining us and will get to ride on the Shannon and LeeAnne train (as Luke likes to call it). Shannon has been a few times before and loves it, but this will be Ryan and I’s first time, and I believe Luke’s first time visiting Washington D.C. as well. When we first planned this trip, we were hoping the cherry blossoms would still be in bloom, but I think we will have just missed them. The Cherry Blossom Festival in Washington D.C. will still be going on though, so at least we will still get to partake in part of that at least! Another thing we were hoping to do when we first planned this trip was to be able to tour the White House. Shannon sent in all of the paperwork for us to be able to tour the White House, however we have not heard back yet on whether or not we have been approved so it looks like we will not be able to do that either this time around. Even though there are a few things we will be missing, here is a list of things I hope we will be able to do while in D.C. this weekend!
- Walk the National Mall and check out the major National Monuments
- Go to the top of the Washington Memorial
- See the United States Botanical Gardens
- Go paddle boating at the Jefferson Memorial
- Visit the National Air and Space Museum
- Go to the National Zoo to see the Giant Pandas
- Get donuts at Astro Doughnuts & Fried Chicken
- Go on the Eye of D.C.
- Go for an early morning run from the Grant Memorial to the Lincoln Memorial
- Visit the Smithsonian Institution National Museum of Natural History
- Check out the Cherry Blossom Festival
- Walk around Georgetown
- See the White House
- Check out the National Monuments at night
- Go to the top of the Old Post Office Pavilion